Wednesday, September 30, 2009

a new commandment

"A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another. By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another." John 13:34-35

Talked with a friend today about this. Does anyone ever get the feeling that the Church as whole does not do such a good job of this. I know that i being part of the Church struggle with this. Do i really love other believers like Jesus loves us?I really do not even know 15 people that i go to "Church" with. (its not really possible to go to something that you are) Do i love them to the point of death? what about a horrible death like being stoned to death or whipped or crucified. What if just by the way that you love, people know you belong to Jesus. I am praying that this love comes alive in me fully.. Join me.. So that all will know that we are His disciple.

No comments:

Post a Comment